The SW Porch is viewed as an ideal location, by the Parochial Church Council, for the proposed kitchen facilities. The room has stout wooden doors leading into the church – part of the 1888 design by George Fellowes Prynne. When closed, these prevent the contents of the room being visible from the church worship space during services.
The PCC are concerned not to detract from the worship area of St Peter’s, which is of high quality and heritage importance, and of course important for the integrity of worship at St Peter’s.
The church members use a temporary free standing table to administer refreshments – which makes no intrusion into the worship space.